You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-04 05:11:23

nathan
Administrator

News

--2013-09-04--

Welcome back! With the power of SQL and 2000+ entries deleted later, my spam problem has been cleaned up in about 30 seconds.

I still don't have a build machine, but noop is in need of updates. Having a rolling release system with no updates kind of defeats the purpose.

That being said, I will be using my shiny new ( soon to be very warm Swiss army ) ultra book. What that means is updates will start coming, just a little slower then they used to.

If you have anything you would like updated sooner rather then later, or for any other reason, feel free to leave me a message ( email, forum, carrier pigeon, whatever ).

That's all for now.

#2 2013-09-07 02:14:35

dsplayer14

Re: News

XD Well, quite the adventure you went through, nathan!

Believe it or not, I've still been checking on noop every now and then. I honestly don't know why. Maybe cause it seemed so simple to me. Actually, it sort of inspired me to make my own distro! Which... is not going well at all. I've been writing a package manager for the past I don't know how many months, but hey, I'm learning some nice C.
Anyways, glad to see you're back in business, hope noop starts picking up momentum AND, I'd be more than happy to help with development of anything. Even testing, I don't really care. If you want my help, I'll be happy to tell you more about what I do and do not know.

I just realized how weird this kind of is. Some random guy has been watching this site for the past year or so... I'm not weird. I swear... I, uh, I'll stop talking now.
*cough*

#3 2013-09-07 06:00:05

nathan
Administrator

Hey,

Haha. Great! I'll keep it in mind. Really though I think for now just using noop and reporting any issues is a huge help.
I try and test things out before uploading them obviously but, especially now with my lack of hardware, things differ from system to system and issues sometimes appear.

That being said, in the future ( hopefully not super far from now ), I'm planning on making an installer, probably Qt based, that will run off the Live CDs.
( Kind of debating what degree of crazy-awesome to make it now with EFI systems showing up ... but that's a separate discussion. )
I'll give you a shout if any help is needed. smile Also, from time to time some unassigned issues show up in the bug tracker, I usually fix them quickly, but once in a while I get sidetracked or something and can't.

In any case, glad to hear someone besides me keeps refreshing the site ... and I'm the one that posts the updates -_-

I hear you though, getting noop up and running from source was ... not an easy task and starting with a C based package manager would not be simple.
Actually, I was originally planning on porting pkgr over to C, but honestly pkgr has been working so well I haven't really felt any need to.

#4 2013-09-07 17:09:30

dsplayer14

Sounds good, I will do my best to help if you need it! Are you making that installer from scratch? Seems like it may be kind of difficult to make an installer... But, y'know, that's the joy of it. I'll be sure to post bug reports if I find anything acting funny. Keep up the awesome work!

#5 2013-09-12 03:18:14

nathan
Administrator

Yeah, I was thinking from scratch, although I haven't done too much research on it.
If there's a framework or something I can leverage, I may use that instead ( if it's awesome ), we'll see.

Board footer